Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hip-Hop versus Rock

Dear Reader :]

This is a topic much debated here in our home. Us four siblings have very different taste in music, our eldest likes techno, jazz and the occasional face melting rock. The second eldest likes songs that make you go crazy (Fat Boy Slim), some Air Supply to calm him down and some rock music for when he rides on the highway wanting to break the land speed record. The third one likes all kinds of music but he is loyal to his rock music. And then there's me. I like rap and hip-hop. Yeah sure I listen to the occasional Taylor Swift song, but hey all girls have that one Taylor Swift song that they sing in the shower. Yes I like rock. But I would rather see The Notorious B.I.G. come back to life rather than Kurt Cobain. Now I know some people are already rolling their eyes, thinking that rap and hip-hop is just all about gangs, fights, drugs and who's got more dough. Weeeeell, news flash, IT AIN'T ALL THAT! There are some very inspirational and sad hip-hop songs out there. Some tell stories about living life and trying to hustle when things ain't that great.

I'm am in no way dissing rock. I am just defending hip-hop and rap because there are a lot of people out there who don't support our kind of music. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I do rap. But I don't rap about being drunk or shooting people or dealing drugs. I rap about life, having a good time with friends and dissing haters ;)

I LOVE HIP HOP AND I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK!


If you haven't listen to some kick-ass hip-hop songs, then you should check these out. Almost all of these songs gives a tear to my eye :'(

Notorious B.I.G. ft. Bob Marley : Hold Ya Head
Tupac Shakur ft. Notorious B.I.G. : Runnin  (this song always makes me sad )
Jay-Z : Hard Knock Life
Kanye West : Jesus Walks : Heard 'Em Say 
Asher Roth : G.R.I.N.D. (Get Ready It's a New Day)
Eminem : Mocking Bird   : Beautiful  : 8 Mile

Even kids like hip-hop


And some kids like face melting rooooccccckkkkk! 


So there we go. A rant about hip-hop :]

Anyway, that's it for today :D
More tomorrow :]

Peace out, much love, stay on the rush. Rawr! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rawrbaby! I just want you to know that I agree with you. Even though I am more prone to put in a Paramore cd than Eminem(who I love) I have always seen hip hop and rap as an art. A beautiful form of expression. Im a singer but I have rapped before and it is just as fullfilling as singing. Thanks for standing up and expressing yourself.
    Janepansy!

    ReplyDelete